Mission Statement: To create an environment within the community at large through effective service projects, programs, and fundraising events that promotes and supports the growth, status, and development of women of all ages.
President • Jane Felter
1st Vice President • Vickie Bond
2nd Vice-President • Rosemary Marrin
Secretary • Lois Schroeder
Treasurer • Marge Lubbers
Local Service Projects:
- $1,300 LCC Scholarship – scholarship to our local junior college – Deadline: April 30, 2014
- $1,200 Open Scholarship – scholarship to any college of their choice – Deadline: April 30, 2014
- $1,200 Open Non-Traditional Scholarship – scholarship for non-traditional student to any college of their choice – Deadline: April 30, 2014
- $500 Jane M. Klausman Business Scholarship – scholarship for business degree for 3rd or 4th year student – Deadline: April 30, 2014
- $500 Young Women in Public Affairs – scholarship to college of their choice
- Zonta Girls – Honoring 7 outstanding area high school senior girls
- Nursing Home Birthday Parties – Each month we serve cake and ice cream and present them with a carnation
- Lamar Day Parade Royalty – Honoring a king and queen for the parade
- Christmas Baskets for Elderly – We assemble and deliver X-mas baskets for the elderly that live alone
- Golden Anniversary Tea – Every other year we honor people who have been married for 50 years or longer
- Holiday Home Tour – We host homes for a holiday home tour for our domestic safety resource center
- Sand & Sage Roundup – We serve the Barbecue at our local fair.
- Yearly Planner – we sell advertising and prepare a monthly planner and community calendar
- Rose Day – We sell and deliver roses around the community with a card thanking them for improving the status of women.
Other information about our club:
Meets on 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Ports to Plains Truck Plaza at 6:30 p.m.
Zonta Club of Prowers County
PO Box 1124
Lamar, CO 81052