Mission Statement: To create an environment within the community at large through effective service projects, programs, and fundraising events that promotes and supports the growth, status, and development of women of all ages.
President • Rosemary Marrin
1st Vice President • Liz Whitham
2nd Vice-President • Braunwyn Nidey
Recording Secretary • Jane May
Treasurer • Debbie Widener
Karen Ketcham • 2014-2016
Lisa Mendenhall • 2014-2016
June Wolfe • 2015-2017
Lori Parker • 2015-2017
Vickie Bond • Past President
Local Service Projects:
- LCC Scholarship – scholarship to our local junior college – Deadline: April 1st
- Open Scholarship – scholarship to any college of their choice – Deadline: April 1st
- Open Non-Traditional Scholarship – scholarship for non-traditional student to any college of their choice – Deadline: April 1st
- Jane M. Klausman Business Scholarship (application is coming soon from Zonta International) – scholarship for business degree for 3rd or 4th year student – Deadline: April 1st
- Young Women in Public Affairs – scholarship to college of their choice – Deadline: April 1st
- Zonta Girls – Honoring 7 outstanding area high school senior girls
- Lamar Day Parade Royalty – Honoring a king and queen for the parade
- Holiday Home Tour – We host homes for a holiday home tour for our domestic safety resource center
- Sand & Sage Roundup – We serve the Barbecue at our local fair.
- Yearly Planner – we sell advertising and prepare a monthly planner and community calendar
- Rose Day – We sell and deliver roses around the community with a card thanking them for improving the status of women.
Other information about our club:
Meets on 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Cow Palace at 6:00 p.m.
Zonta Club of Prowers County
PO Box 1124
Lamar, CO 81052