Mission Statement: To create an environment within the community at large through effective service projects, programs, and fundraising events that promotes and supports the growth, status, and development of women of all ages.
President • Sharon Headrick
1st Vice President • Jane May
2nd Vice-President • Judy Turpin
Recording Secretary • Lori Parker
Treasurer • Linda Freiberger
Kathy LaCost • 2016-2018
Anne-Marie Crampton • 2016-2018
Braunwyn Miller • 2017-2019
Debbie Widener • 2017-2019
Liz Whithman • Past President
Local Service Projects:
- LCC Scholarship – scholarship to our local junior college – Deadline: April 3rd
- Open Scholarship – scholarship to any college of their choice – Deadline: April 3rd
- Open Non-Traditional Scholarship – scholarship for non-traditional student to any college of their choice – Deadline: April 3rd
- Jane M. Klausman Business Scholarship (application is coming soon from Zonta International) – scholarship for business degree for 3rd or 4th year student – Deadline: April 3rd
- Young Women in Public Affairs – scholarship to college of their choice – Deadline: February 1st
- Zonta Girls – Honoring 7 outstanding area high school senior girls
- Lamar Day Parade Royalty – Honoring a king and queen for the parade
- Holiday Home Tour – We host homes for a holiday home tour for our domestic safety resource center
- Sand & Sage Roundup – We serve the Barbecue at our local fair.
- Yearly Planner – we sell advertising and prepare a monthly planner and community calendar
- Rose Day – We sell and deliver roses around the community with a card thanking them for improving the status of women.
Other information about our club:
Meets on 2nd Tuesday of each month at Becky’s Restaurant at 6:00 p.m.
March 8th – Rose Day
March 25th – Girls Wanna Have Fun at the Elks Lodge
April 7th & 8th – Area 4 Meeting: Friday night at Holiday Inn Express Colorado Room and Saturday Meeting at Lamar Community College Buchanan Events Room
Zonta Club of Prowers County
PO Box 1124
Lamar, CO 81052
Last update: April 25, 2017