Mission Statement: To create an environment within the community at large through effective service projects, programs, and fundraising events that promotes and supports the growth, status, and development of women of all ages.
President • Liz Whitham
1st Vice President • Sharon Headrick
2nd Vice-President • Jane May
Recording Secretary • Lori Parker
Treasurer • Debbie Widener
June Wolfe • 2015-2017
Karen Ketcham • 2015-2017
Kathy LaCost • 2016-2018
Anne- Marie Crampton • 2016-2018
Rosemary Marrin • Past President
Local Service Projects:
- LCC Scholarship – scholarship to our local junior college – Deadline: April 3rd
- Open Scholarship – scholarship to any college of their choice – Deadline: April 3rd
- Open Non-Traditional Scholarship – scholarship for non-traditional student to any college of their choice – Deadline: April 3rd
- Jane M. Klausman Business Scholarship (application is coming soon from Zonta International) – scholarship for business degree for 3rd or 4th year student – Deadline: April 3rd
- Young Women in Public Affairs – scholarship to college of their choice – Deadline: February 1st
- Zonta Girls – Honoring 7 outstanding area high school senior girls
- Lamar Day Parade Royalty – Honoring a king and queen for the parade
- Holiday Home Tour – We host homes for a holiday home tour for our domestic safety resource center
- Sand & Sage Roundup – We serve the Barbecue at our local fair.
- Yearly Planner – we sell advertising and prepare a monthly planner and community calendar
- Rose Day – We sell and deliver roses around the community with a card thanking them for improving the status of women.
Other information about our club:
Meets on 2nd Tuesday of each month at the Cow Palace at 6:00 p.m.
Zonta Club of Prowers County
PO Box 1124
Lamar, CO 81052