Charter #259 – 1951 Club History
Mission Statement: Zonta Club of Converse County through club fellowship, serves the community and supports women and children.
President • Jacque Pollock
Secretary • Kathy McKee
Treasurer • Robin White
Business meeting: Second Monday of each month at 5:30pm
- A booth at the local Farmer’s Market is set up every fall to sell homemade baked goods, crafts and garden items made by the members of our club. These very popular items include Cupcakes in a Jar, fruit tarts and assorted pies. A new item was added last September to our booth that was very popular, were garden stepping stones, each hand crafted with cut glass by our members.
- A booth was also set up during the Douglas Christmas Craft Fair. Homemade Holiday breads and baked goods produced by our members were sold.
- The money raised by these service projects help to maintain and ensure the success of our Advocacy and Scholarship projects throughout the year
Douglas Youth Development Services (Group Home): The residents are recipients of our efforts multiple times a year to make the lives of these young adults a little better by an assortment of donations in kind. Examples include warm cuddly throw blankets, gift cards to local theaters, tours to local historic spots, meals, swimming parties.
Jubilee House: This is the only home in Wyoming set up to house women parolees from the Wyoming State Women’s Penitentiary. The women staying at Jubilee House are required to stay a year, pay rent, obtain employment, learn to manage their finances and reenter society. Zonta Club of Converse County brings in welcome baskets to new residents that include gift cards, laundry supplies, personal items and toiletries, towels, stationary with stamps. We are “on call” for any other service that might be required.
- Teacher’s Pet Project is awarded to a non sport, classroom, after school activity or club in the Converse County School District.
- Mary Cross Adult Education Scholarship
- Adult Education opportunities through our scholarship is available to women who want to take classes at the local junior college.
Zonta Club of Converse County
PO Box 954
Douglas, WY 82633