Platform for Advocacy
for Zonta International, District 12
District Conference, September 24, 2011
Zonta International District 12 seeks to advance the
women through timely communications of clearly-stated positions, and
there is agreement that the following issues are of common
concern to all members of the District:
- Achieving pay equity (e.g., Paycheck
- Supporting measures to oppose gender-based violence, such as
trafficking, rape, & domestic violence, (e.g., Preventing Child Marriage
- Ensuring equal rights under the law (e.g., CEDAW, ERA).
legislative action and/or media attention is frequently
primary vehicle for effecting change, and
the District Governor is authorized to act on behalf of
District, with the approval of the membership,
BE IT RESOLVED, therefore, that
1. District 12 is authorized, via the current Governor, to communicate on
behalf of the District
regarding these subjects, expressing the above general principles by using
the District 12 issue templates whenever possible.
2. District 12 urges its Clubs and members to use these issue templates in
support of legislation and/or as talking points for media
placements. These will be developed and provided on the District 12
website at www.zontadistrict12.org.
3. District 12 urges its Clubs and Areas to communicate, cooperate, and
combine their efforts in order to make their individual efforts more
4. District 12 encourages Clubs to work with other like-minded
organizations in their respective communities to further the ends
expressed above and approved by this District Conference, September, 2011.